The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted

Sherif ElMetainy

Hello

As the article suggests "You modify your pages, which causes the shadow,
copied files in the Temporary ASP.NET files folder to be regenerated. A user
has a copy of the page that was requested before this change, and the user
posts the page after the files in that folder were regenerated"

Another scenario is that you modified a page in one server and forgot to
modify it in the other server, which will make the same problem. Make sure
all pages have the same version of the code.

Best regards,
Sherif

Anatoly

Thanks for replay
The first scenario offer to delete temporary ASP.NET files while
new version of application coming.
The problem is IIS(asp_net) locks dlls and to release them you must restart
IIS.
That's mean after every version update we MUST restart IIS and delete
temporary files.
If I right it very bad.

Sherif ElMetainy

Hello

Actually this is not as bad as it seems. If you don't delete the temporary
ASP.NET files, only users who requested the page before the update and
posted back after the update are affected. In a production environment the
updates should be infrequent, which make the error unlikely. So the update
issue is not a problem. So the error is frequent only in a development
environment. If you must update a production environment, you should pick a
time, where the traffic on the website is minimum.

Best regards,

Sherif

Anatoly

Unfortunately, we developing Intranet applications for internal use.
So projects are small in size(One-Ten pages) but updates very frequent, so
it is an issue for us.
Thanks for help.