The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by .NET Developer, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. On our external customer facing website recently we included a global error
    catching routine and forward the error message to our support team via
    email. We notice many emails with the following message. Internally or when
    we test the site from home we never receive this error. What could be
    causing this error? How to over come this issue? Our environment is WIN 2K,
    ..NET 1.1, ASP.NET, VS.NET 2003.

    Thanks in advance.

    ---------------

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

    Source Error
    The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

    Source File
    http://www.ourwebsite.com/somePage.aspx?qs1=blah&qs2=blah&qs3=blah&qs4=lblah

    Inner Execption
    System.Web.HttpException: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might
    be corrupted. at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    Stack Trace
    at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
    p.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    .NET Developer, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Any reply on this please? Please post the replies to the group.

    .NET Developer, Feb 3, 2004

  3. You can start here
    http://tinyurl.com/yukmr

    --