The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

.NET Developer

On our external customer facing website recently we included a global error
catching routine and forward the error message to our support team via
email. We notice many emails with the following message. Internally or when
we test the site from home we never receive this error. What could be
causing this error? How to over come this issue? Our environment is WIN 2K,
..NET 1.1, ASP.NET, VS.NET 2003.

Thanks in advance.

---------------

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown.

Source Error
The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

Source File
http://www.ourwebsite.com/somePage.aspx?qs1=blah&qs2=blah&qs3=blah&qs4=lblah

Inner Execption
System.Web.HttpException: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might
be corrupted. at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() at
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

Stack Trace
at System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() at
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
p.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)