The Web server does not appear to have FrontPage Server Extensions installed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Usarian, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. Usarian

    Usarian Guest

    Visual Studio 2008
    Vista Ultimate
    IIS7

    I built a website (C#/ASP.NET 3.5).

    I try to publish the website overwriting another website I had built in
    VS.net 2005 previously, pointing VS2008 to local IIS. It fails with that
    message. What am I doing wrong?

    Also if I point VS2008 to local file directory and overwrite, it publishes
    successfully, but I can only access the front page. Any page located in a
    folder says I don't have permission to access that page through my browser.
    I have checked security in explorer and in IIS and have everything set to
    allow.

    Please advise, Thank you!
    -U

    Usarian, Dec 5, 2008