"The Web server reported the following error..."

Greg Burns

---------------------------
Microsoft Development Environment
---------------------------
The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
---------------------------
OK Help
---------------------------

I get this error now when trying to create a new web project since I
installed .NET 1.1 SP1. I had thought it might had been XP SP2 related, but
I just did a test and it occurs immediately after installing .NET 1.1 SP1
(my test image doesn't have XP SP2 applied yet).

Thank god for Ghost.

Greg

Greg Burns

Problem solved.

I had changed my ASPNET user password. Installing SP1 re-autogenerates the
password. Just had to reset it back to what I had hardcoded in
machine.config.

Greg