The Wisdom Seeker IDe, an open source software development project for all

Craig S. Ugoretz

Dear newgroup readers,

I am pleased to announce the presentation of the new open source
software project I have created, called the "Wisdom Seeker IDE". For
a description of what open source software is about, see the web site
http://www.opensource.org/. The web site for my(our) project is
http://ws-ide.sourceforge.net/ws-ide.htm. It has a
philosophical/political theme to it, based upon a work by the Greek
philosopher Plato called "The Republic". Plato's philsophy provides
justification for me to propose a large scale, but ad hoc, pro bono
effort to create a programming environment for
the writing of artificial life / data mining based simulations called
"wisdom seekers". The purpose of a wisdom seeker is to extract
knowledge from corpuses of text and use that knowledge to positively
influence the behavior of broad agents in simulations. The
characteristics of surviving agents will in turn be studied to
discover the wisdom contained in the orginal texts. Although the main
core of talent that I am trying to attract is project managers,
developers, and other computer experts, there is also a
need for people with expertise in other fields as well to work with
ontologies, corpuses, and generally provide a user community to
appraise the direction of development efforts. This project is the
culmination of my life's readings and thinking to this point (30
years). If you are interested, the following is a link to a web page
about Plato's life, http://plato.evansville.edu/life.htm. With this
project, I am offering an opportunity for people to contribute to a
greater idea for the common good. Some of the other values Plato and
I are promoting are given in the ws-ide web site. Please pass the
word about this project to friends, family, and co-workers and talk
about it at this newgroup, other relevent newsgroups, or other
information outlets. With your help, we can find the talent to make
the Wisdom Seeker IDE a productive and viable enterprise. I can be
contacted personally at (e-mail address removed).

Sincerely,
Craig Ugoretz