"The XML page cannot be displayed" Error

TC

Hey All,

I'm receiving a weird error in IE now:

"The XML page cannot be displayed"

This is even with the simplest of pages that I previously could view.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

TC

TC

Hey Folks,

This is happening with files that I could open yesterday. I installed
dotNetNuke and NUnite. I do not know if this could be the culprit.

For example, considering the following file saved as "FirstPage.aspx":

<head>
<title>My First ASP.NET 2.0</title>
<script runat="server" language="C#">
timeLabel.Text=DateTime.Now.ToString();
}
</script>
</head>
<asp:Label runat="server" id="timeLabel" />

This is the full error that I receive:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

The operation completed successfully. Error processing resource
'file:///F:/Books Source Code/Creating Web Sites -- The Mis...

There is nothing wrong with the above simple file.

Please help!

Thanks,

Todd

Juan T. Llibre

Check to see whether .aspx files are mapped to the IIS file mappings.

If not, from a command window in the .net Framework 2.0 directory, first run :

aspnet_regiis -u

and after that, run :

aspnet_regiis -i

Just running aspnet_regiis -i will not do it.

TC

Hey Juan,

Thanks for the reply. It appears to be have been a good suggestion.

However, .aspx extension shows up under all websites listed in IIS.

Should I try your suggestion anyway?

This is only failing for files stored locally. My .aspx located on the
virtual directories, all works fine.

Thanks,

Todd

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> This is only failing for files stored locally.
!> My .aspx located on the virtual directories, all works fine.

ASP.NET files must be executed from the root application
and/or virtual directories or their subdirectories.

TC said:
Hey Juan,

Thanks for the reply. It appears to be have been a good suggestion.
However, .aspx extension shows up under all websites listed in IIS.

TC

Hey Juan,

Yep! I now see my stupidity.

THANKS! for the help.

I've been bouncing back and forth between Notepad, IE, .html and .aspx
files. My .aspx WERE in my virtual directory and I'd been opening them via
localhost... when I copied a couple of these files elsewhere, I received the
errors.

Thanks Again.

-- Todd