Theory and C++

reetesh.mukul

Hi All,

Here is my trial to work with some theory related to the junction at
which programming language's (here C++)constructs and the area to which
they are applied meet. The first web page in this direction is:-

http://reetesh.mukul.googlepages.com/complexnumbers (please see this
only, for now)

I will edit this page --

http://reetesh.mukul.googlepages.com/ (please note down this link)

for links to pages that I will write.

I know there will be some viewing problems for now, but I will check
them with time.

I am basically working with theory, there is no inherent application I
am currently looking for description on these pages.

I know there are some flow problems on my page. Please try to use links
provided on it. I will be extremely happy if you will provide some help
or pointers about the page arrangement and subject matter. I have tried
my best to be technically correct, but please mention if any thing is
erroneous on the page.

Please suggest related topics.

With Regards,
Reetesh Mukul

Victor Bazarov

Here is my trial to work with some theory related to the junction at
which programming language's (here C++)constructs and the area to
which they are applied meet. The first web page in this direction is:-

http://reetesh.mukul.googlepages.com/complexnumbers (please see this
only, for now)

[..] please mention if
any thing is erroneous on the page.

The sequence of powers of 2 that supposedly leads to -1/3 doesn't seem
right. Please review that formula.

Kai-Uwe Bux

Victor said:
Here is my trial to work with some theory related to the junction at
which programming language's (here C++)constructs and the area to
which they are applied meet. The first web page in this direction is:-

http://reetesh.mukul.googlepages.com/complexnumbers (please see this
only, for now)

[..] please mention if
any thing is erroneous on the page.

The sequence of powers of 2 that supposedly leads to -1/3 doesn't seem
right. Please review that formula.

Actually, that is "correct". I think, that equation deals with 2-adic
integers, of which you may think as binary numbers with infinitely many
digits (but no fractional part). Ordinary counting number are included as
those infinite sequences that are constant 0 far to the left. In that
system, you can think of

...11111111111111111111111111111111111

as -1 because:

...1111111111111111111111111111111111
+ ...0000000000000000000000000000000001
=======================================
...0000000000000000000000000000000000

(the carry is carried away to infinity where it disappears like all problems
that you can push off for an infinite amount of time).

Then

-1 = ...1010101010101010101010 + ...0101010101010101
= ...00000000000000011 * ...01010101010101
= 3 * ....01010101010101010

Kind of strange, but it works.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux