    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    http://www.jimscott.co.uk
    Jim S, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Jim S wrote:

    > On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the
    > left is 7 1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table
    > inside the table which makes up the main page.
    > There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this
    > using css, but my way is the only way I know to keep everything
    > exactly in the right place in all browsers.
    > Can anyone help or point me to understandable rehab.

    Sure thing. In your stylesheet, do something like this:

    div.navbutton {
    width: 100px; height: 40px; background: #dcdcdc;
    border: 3px ridge silver; font-size: 85%; font-weight: bold;
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    }
    div.navbutton a:link,hover,visited,active { text-decoration: none; }

    And in your HTML code:

    Which replaces the following from your source code:

    bgcolor="#dcdcdc" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">

    When it comes to vertically centering the text, look at this:
    http://www.jakpsatweb.cz/css/css-vertical-center-solution.html

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Jim S

    Bergamot Guest

    Jim S wrote:
    > On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the left is 7
    > 1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table inside the table
    > which makes up the main page.
    > There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this using css,

    For navigation menus, tables are out. Lists are in.
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Feb 15, 2007