There's nothing customers can't break through good intentions.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Woolly Mittens, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. I'm depressed...

    The customer bought XHTML strict templates from me. The customer is a
    university and wants to set a good example.

    They gave the strict XHTML templates to a third party content management
    developer. The third party wanted to set a good example to... I suppose they
    wanted to prove you can build a content management system using dreamweaver
    *sob*.

    During christmas they implemented a WYSIWYG HTML editor for the customer,
    based on MSIE's DOM.

    Today I got a complaint from the customer. It seemed his headings weren't
    getting the style defined in the stylesheet. So I looked at the sourcecode
    and found:

    I called the third party about their brilliant WYSIWYG editor and they had
    this wonderful solution to the problem.

    He suggested I simply change the style:

    into

    I'm glad he didn't see my convulsions induced by his unintended cruel irony.
    Am I the only one who has to face these traumas???

    Woolly Mittens, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Woolly Mittens

    Kris Guest

    In article <3ffc656f$0$155$>,
    "Woolly Mittens" <> wrote:

    > I'm glad he didn't see my convulsions induced by his unintended cruel irony.
    > Am I the only one who has to face these traumas???

    I see it daily with not third parties, but first parties, less than 5
    metres away from my desk. The good thing about being so close though, is
    that it enables me to help educate and convince the offenders. I can
    imagine your frustration is doubled by a feeling of powerlessness.

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Woolly Mittens

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Kris wrote:

    >> I'm glad he didn't see my convulsions induced by his unintended cruel irony.
    >> Am I the only one who has to face these traumas???

    > I see it daily with not third parties, but first parties, less than 5
    > metres away from my desk. The good thing about being so close though, is
    > that it enables me to help educate and convince the offenders.

    The other good thing about being so close is that should said first
    parties fail to "quit it" when asked, you can always hurl a stapler or a
    mouse ball at their heads ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Woolly Mittens

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Dylan Parry <> wrote:

    > >> I'm glad he didn't see my convulsions induced by his unintended cruel
    > >> irony.
    > >> Am I the only one who has to face these traumas???

    > > I see it daily with not third parties, but first parties, less than 5
    > > metres away from my desk. The good thing about being so close though, is
    > > that it enables me to help educate and convince the offenders.

    > The other good thing about being so close is that should said first
    > parties fail to "quit it" when asked, you can always hurl a stapler or a
    > mouse ball at their heads ;)

    I recently upgraded to a staple gun.

    --
    Kris