    --
    R.Livsey
    www.livsey.org

    Richard Livsey, May 5, 2005

  2. On 05/05/05, Richard Livsey <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a library/package which will enable finding of
    > synonyms and antonyms for words?
    >
    > I've googled, and looked at rubyforge and sourceforge but haven't turned
    > up anything.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Not really an answer, but If you train an LSA algorithm as it was
    recently mentioned here on a really big textlist, you can extract
    synonyms quite easily. The only problem is that antonyms have nearly
    the same meaning as synonyms (Only one dimension is different) so they
    won't be far away. I'd really like to have some time to play with this
    LSA implementation....

    Sorry for the noise,

    Brian

    --
    http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/

    multilingual _non rails_ ruby based vocabulary trainer:
    http://www.vocabulaire.org/ | http://www.gloser.org/ | http://www.vokabeln.net/

    Brian Schröder, May 5, 2005