Thesaurus library?

Richard Livsey

Does anyone know of a library/package which will enable finding of
synonyms and antonyms for words?

I've googled, and looked at rubyforge and sourceforge but haven't turned
up anything.

Thanks in advance

Brian Schröder

Does anyone know of a library/package which will enable finding of
synonyms and antonyms for words?

I've googled, and looked at rubyforge and sourceforge but haven't turned
up anything.

Thanks in advance

Not really an answer, but If you train an LSA algorithm as it was
recently mentioned here on a really big textlist, you can extract
synonyms quite easily. The only problem is that antonyms have nearly
the same meaning as synonyms (Only one dimension is different) so they
won't be far away. I'd really like to have some time to play with this
LSA implementation....

Sorry for the noise,

Brian