Thin client to thick client communication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Russ, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Hello,

    I have an application that consists of both thin client portions and
    fat client portions.

    One such view consists of a fat client treeview on the left, and a
    thin client asp.net webapp on the right.

    A user will fill out the webapp's form and click submit. This will
    send the data to the DB. I need to know of a way for the treeview
    control on the left to be notified when the user clicks submit and get
    all the data that the user filled into the form's fields WITHOUT going
    back to the DB for this information.
    Essentially what I want to do is this...if the asp.net webform were a
    fat winforms based section, I could just hook up to a click event on
    the button and receive the data through a custom eventargs class. As
    far as I know I can't do this in asp.net webapps...so how do I
    subscribe to the "event" that tells me the user clicked "Submit" and
    send along the data in the forms fields to the treeview?

    Thanks very much,
    Russ

    Russ, Nov 29, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcyBDaGVu?=, Nov 29, 2004