Thin client

terry

I want to develop a client-server application by java JDK with thin
client. If I want to connect the Mysql DB at the server side, how to
do that? I want to get some concept. Besides, what is business logic?

Roedy Green

I want to develop a client-server application by java JDK with thin
client. If I want to connect the Mysql DB at the server side, how to
do that? I want to get some concept. Besides, what is business logic?

Typically that is done with a servlet that talks to MySQL and talks to
HTML forms on the client.

You might some sort of scripting language instead of generating HTML
purely from Java such as JSP, Freemarker etc. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

terry

Roedy Green said:
Typically that is done with a servlet that talks to MySQL and talks to
HTML forms on the client.

You might some sort of scripting language instead of generating HTML
purely from Java such as JSP, Freemarker etc. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

I want to develop application not of web-based but through internet as
html is stateless so that it is difficult to develop rapidly!

Roedy Green

I want to develop application not of web-based but through internet as
html is stateless so that it is difficult to develop rapidly!

I'm sorry I don't know what you are getting at.

You can't do anything on the web without some sort of server. The Java
client Applet or JWS is optional.

The state of data entry has gone backwards in my opinion with the
invention of HTML. You don't get proper editing. You don't get
prompting. You don't get notified on the keystroke you make your
error. You don't get any auto-interaction -- e.g. expansion of a code
to a confirming long form. KEYPUNCHES had more intelligence than HTML!

GUIs have made an enormous production of displaying and keying a
handful of variables.

I was in a bank in Bali. It was as if everyone were doing their job
for the first time. That reminds me of Java when it comes to data
validation. Get real. keying names, addresses and phone numbers are
bread and butter problems that deserve totally canned TERSE solutions.

Marshall Spight

Roedy Green said:
The state of data entry has gone backwards in my opinion with the
invention of HTML.

Tim Berners-Lee set user interface design back 15 years.

Seriously.

Marshall

Chris Smith

I want to develop application not of web-based but through internet as
html is stateless so that it is difficult to develop rapidly!

By thin client, most people these days mean a web browser. What do you
mean by thin client?

In any case, accessing MySQL from the server ought to be simple. Just
grab a JDBC driver, and use the JDBC API, which is a standard part of
the Java SDK.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation