Third-Part Cookies blocked by IE

Khafancoder

Hi guys,

we are developing a webapplication which let user create their own
virtual website on their real domain.
in other word, users could create their virtual web-sites by this
application and app will recognize each website
by its domain.

we needed a passport system (like .Net Passport) to identify users in
all of these virtual web-sites (& various domains)
we build this system upon third-party cookies by making request from
each site to passportserver using import script tags.

now the problem is : IE 6.0, 7.0 won't let the web-applciation to
create thirdparty cookies by default and users have to add passport
server domain to TrustedZone,i heared that p3p could solve this
problem but id don't know how !? should we register our domains in
some database ? is it free ?

Thanks in advance

JohnnyKnoblauch

Hi,

We only have this problem with IIS 6.0.

We configure the p3p.xml and the p3pconfig.xml correctly in the root
domain of our server.
We configured the P3P in the application begin request in
global.asax :
Context.Response.AddHeader("P3P", @"CP=""CAO PSA OUR""");

But the problem persist we have no solution, please tell me if you
find one.

Thanks,
Johnny

JohnnyKnoblauch

Hi Everybody,

The HTTP HEADERS were remove by IIS 6.0.

To solve the problem go to :
1) Properties on the web root
2) Click HTTP HEADERS tab
3) Custom Headers panel
4) Click Add...
Key : P3P
Value : CP="CAO PSA OUR"

Hope that will help some one.
Johnny

George Ter-Saakov

Well, I am doing it same way you did on my site
Response.AddHeader("P3P", @"CP=\"CAO PSA OUR\"");

And nothing gets removed by IIS. I have IIS 6.0 on Win2003

I was a bit confused when you said it's not working but had no idea why. You
can download tool called fiddler (www.fiddlertool.com/ )
This is Microsoft tool to spy on browser requests and watch what is actually
your server sends to browser (or vise versa)

George