Third Party Import Library?

cjones42

Does anyone know of (or can you recommend) a third party product that
can:
- read from a comma-delimited flat file, and import the data into
SQL server or XML
- Allow users (using a simple interface) to map fields in the flat
file to the SQL db
- Allow concatenation or breaking down of fields in the flat file
to map them to fields in the DB

Of course we could write our own code to do this, but we need to
get this project out as soon as possible.
Please let me know any leads you may have.

Thanks!

Mythran

Sure, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel can both do all you require :)

Import the file, map the fields to a linked sql server database table(s) and if
you need to, you can use VBA to do the breaking down of the fields ...

Mythran