This is the level of design that all developers should aspire to

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Disco Octopus, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Gary L. Burnore

    Joe Guest

    "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote in
    news::

    > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    As Shakespeare would say, "methinks thou doest protest too much."

    Joe, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Gary L. Burnore

    Guest

    What do you mean? It's hideous and the usability is awful!

    , Aug 9, 2005
  5. Gary L. Burnore

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Disco Octopus quothed:

    > Gary L. Burnore wrote :
    > > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    > >
    > > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    > design is good, but for usability, i think that you need to consider
    > people not having javascript AND/OR CSS not turned on.
    >
    > check it out with these disabled!

    You mean you're not impressed with html 3.2 FINAL and an iframe? -And
    scrollbars in Mozilla? What a fussbudget!

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Re: This is the level of design that all developers should aspireto

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    I particularly like the nested scrollbars.

    Duke

    Duke Robillard, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Gary L. Burnore

    TravelinMan Guest

    In article <>,
    "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:

    > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
    the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
    you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    anything).

    Basically, your web site stinks.

    TravelinMan, Aug 9, 2005
  8. On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:09:16 GMT, someone posing as TravelinMan pretended
    that someone gave a rat's ass and spewed out:

    > In article <>,
    > "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>
    >> http://www.whitehouse.com

    > What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    > only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
    > the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    > all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
    > you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    > slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    > anything).
    >
    > Basically, your web site stinks.

    Look at his headers. I didn't catch it the first time, either.
    --
    kai - www.perfectreign.com
    linux - genuine windows replacement part

    Perfect Reign, Aug 9, 2005
  9. Re: This is the level of design that all developers should aspireto

    Duke Robillard wrote:

    > Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    >
    >>The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>
    >>http://www.backwater-productions.net

    > I particularly like the nested scrollbars.
    >
    > Duke

    It seems people can like many things. Did you try it with 2-button mouse?

    Animesh Kumar, Aug 9, 2005
  10. Gary L. Burnore

    Mimic Guest

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    Hatter, seriously, you do enough by your self :p

    --
    Mimic

    "The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

    Mimic, Aug 9, 2005
  11. On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:47:31 -0700, Onideus Mad Hatter
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:32:23 -0700, Animesh Kumar
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Duke Robillard wrote:

    >>> I particularly like the nested scrollbars.
    >>>
    >>> Duke
    >>>

    >>It seems people can like many things. Did you try it with 2-button mouse?

    >Or a browser that isn't a piece of fucking shit?

    Ah, you mean anything other than Internet Exploder?
    --
    gburnore@databasix dot com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
    | ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
    Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
    Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005
  12. On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:09:16 GMT, TravelinMan <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:
    >
    >> The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>
    >> http://www.backwater-productions.net

    >What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    >only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it?

    Odious thinks it's good BECAUSE it uses frames.

    > If you had made
    >the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    >all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars.

    I'm betting he's only got 640 resolution.

    > And even if
    >you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    >slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    >anything).
    >
    >Basically, your web site stinks.

    Sure does. That's why he's got to pretend he's me to advertise it.

    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005
  13. On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:26:21 -0700, Perfect Reign
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:09:16 GMT, someone posing as TravelinMan pretended
    >that someone gave a rat's ass and spewed out:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.whitehouse.com

    >> What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    >> only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
    >> the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    >> all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
    >> you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    >> slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    >> anything).
    >>
    >> Basically, your web site stinks.

    >Look at his headers. I didn't catch it the first time, either.

    Headers? The from line should have been enough.

    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005
  14. On 8 Aug 2005 18:29:15 -0700, "Gary L. Burnore"
    <> wrote:

    >The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >
    >http://www.backwater-productions.net

    What's usable about it, fanboi?

    Gary L. Burnore, Aug 9, 2005
  15. Gary L. Burnore

    Guest

    Wow, posting from Google Groups through a proxy, now that's original.
    Why don't you Google yourself some skillz while your at it.

    , Aug 10, 2005
  16. Gary L. Burnore

    bny Guest

    Mimic wrote:
    > Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    >
    >> The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>
    >> http://www.backwater-productions.net
    >>

    > Hatter, seriously, you do enough by your self :p

    I personally think he should go back to the crayons and start his
    'design' anew. Yes, I realize that I'm just 'feeding him', Yadda Yadda.
    But I still have not figured out if he takes himself seriously, or it's
    all one big joke on everyone (the internet).

    If I can visualize his car (if he has a car...), it's got to be some
    Civic Hatchback with a few lightning bolts here and there, a massive
    wing, and an electronic BOV. (I like to relate things to cars...)

    (No offense meant to someone on here who DRIVES a car like that, but I
    think the majority get my point).

    I still do click his links, hoping, dreaming, to see something not half
    bad. And every click, I'm let-down. A sigh of sadness comes over me, and
    I need another beer.

    Perhaps we should get together and donate like, $1.00 each to 'hatter'
    as long as it goes to an OFFICIAL art class. While I realize that many
    people don't NEED art class to create wonderous pieces/products, I'm
    sadly afriad to say, he does.

    And I'm still not sure THAT would help. He'd probably go on bitching at
    his instructor on how their were wrong, that, in fact, his assignment
    was 'the best', and that everyone else sucked.

    Peace,
    bny

    bny, Aug 10, 2005
  17. Gary L. Burnore

    Guest

    TravelinMan wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The perfect balance between usability and design:
    > >
    > > http://www.backwater-productions.net

    > What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    > only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
    > the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    > all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
    > you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    > slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    > anything).
    >
    > Basically, your web site stinks.

    Hey douche....You might want to notice that he's not adverting his own
    site, but rather making fun of someone elses... I know sarcasm isn't
    your strong suite, but stop being such a jerkoff all the time... It's
    embarassing...

    , Aug 11, 2005
  18. Gary L. Burnore

    Mimic Guest

    wrote:
    > TravelinMan wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> "Gary L. Burnore" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>The perfect balance between usability and design:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.backwater-productions.net

    >>What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
    >>only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
    >>the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
    >>all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
    >>you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
    >>slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
    >>anything).
    >>
    >>Basically, your web site stinks.

    > Hey douche....You might want to notice that he's not adverting his own
    > site, but rather making fun of someone elses... I know sarcasm isn't
    > your strong suite, but stop being such a jerkoff all the time... It's
    > embarassing...

    hehe. If you had a braincell, you'd be dangerous.

    Mimic, Aug 11, 2005