This is the level of design that all developers should aspire to

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Disco Octopus quothed:
Gary L. Burnore wrote :

design is good, but for usability, i think that you need to consider
people not having javascript AND/OR CSS not turned on.

check it out with these disabled!

You mean you're not impressed with html 3.2 FINAL and an iframe? -And
scrollbars in Mozilla? What a fussbudget!

TravelinMan

Gary L. Burnore said:
The perfect balance between usability and design:

http://www.backwater-productions.net

What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
anything).

Basically, your web site stinks.

Perfect Reign

What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
anything).

Basically, your web site stinks.

Look at his headers. I didn't catch it the first time, either.

Gary L. Burnore

Or a browser that isn't a piece of fucking shit?

Ah, you mean anything other than Internet Exploder?
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
How you look depends on where you go.
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

Gary L. Burnore

What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it?

Odious thinks it's good BECAUSE it uses frames.

If you had made
the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars.

I'm betting he's only got 640 resolution.
And even if
you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
anything).

Basically, your web site stinks.

Sure does. That's why he's got to pretend he's me to advertise it.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
How you look depends on where you go.
Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

Gary L. Burnore

Look at his headers. I didn't catch it the first time, either.

Headers? The from line should have been enough.
--
gburnore@databasix dot com
How you look depends on where you go.
Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

Gary L. Burnore

The perfect balance between usability and design:

http://www.backwater-productions.net

What's usable about it, fanboi?

--
gburnore@databasix dot com
How you look depends on where you go.
Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
DataBasix | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ 3 4 1 4 2 ݳ޳ 6 9 0 6 9 ÝÛ³
Black Helicopter Repair Svcs Division | Official Proof of Purchase
Want one? GET one! http://signup.databasix.com

phonideus-sad-fatter

Wow, posting from Google Groups through a proxy, now that's original.
Why don't you Google yourself some skillz while your at it.

bny

Mimic said:
Hatter, seriously, you do enough by your self :p

I personally think he should go back to the crayons and start his
'design' anew. Yes, I realize that I'm just 'feeding him', Yadda Yadda.
But I still have not figured out if he takes himself seriously, or it's
all one big joke on everyone (the internet).

If I can visualize his car (if he has a car...), it's got to be some
Civic Hatchback with a few lightning bolts here and there, a massive
wing, and an electronic BOV. (I like to relate things to cars...)

(No offense meant to someone on here who DRIVES a car like that, but I
think the majority get my point).

I still do click his links, hoping, dreaming, to see something not half
bad. And every click, I'm let-down. A sigh of sadness comes over me, and
I need another beer.

Perhaps we should get together and donate like, $1.00 each to 'hatter'
as long as it goes to an OFFICIAL art class. While I realize that many
people don't NEED art class to create wonderous pieces/products, I'm
sadly afriad to say, he does.

And I'm still not sure THAT would help. He'd probably go on bitching at
his instructor on how their were wrong, that, in fact, his assignment
was 'the best', and that everyone else sucked.

Peace,
bny

steve.travis

TravelinMan said:
What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
anything).

Basically, your web site stinks.

Hey douche....You might want to notice that he's not adverting his own
site, but rather making fun of someone elses... I know sarcasm isn't
your strong suite, but stop being such a jerkoff all the time... It's
embarassing...

Mimic

Hey douche....You might want to notice that he's not adverting his own
site, but rather making fun of someone elses... I know sarcasm isn't
your strong suite, but stop being such a jerkoff all the time... It's
embarassing...

hehe. If you had a braincell, you'd be dangerous.