This page contains both secure and non secure items.

A.M

Hi,

My ASP.NET application uses SSL on IIS6. up on visiting some pages, IE 6
shows this security alert:

This page contains both secure and non secure items.
Do you want to display non-secure items?

Regardless I answer no (or yes), everything works fine.

We don't like our users see that message because it makes them nervous
without any good reason.

How can I track why the browswer shows that flase security alert?

Thanks,
Alan

A.M

It is not smartnavigation because the warning pops up on one specific page.
I am pasting the page source at the end of this post:

Thanks,
Alan

<!-- Template Start-->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Please Wait ...</title>
<script language="javascript">
self.focus();

function BeginPageLoad()
{
location.href = "LLViewer.aspx?rid=21";
}
</script>
</HEAD>
<form name="Form1" method="post"
action="LLWait.aspx?redirect=LLViewer.aspx%3frid%3d21" id="Form1">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="dDwxNzg0NjA0NTg0Ozs+5wOOcjTIemMpowWPCjq0XgZxlAA=" />

<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P align="center">
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
b#version=6,0,29,0" width="400" height="200" VIEWASTEXT>
<param name="movie" value="/LLC/Images/PleaseWait.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="/LLC/Images/PleaseWait.swf" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="200"></embed>
</object>
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
</form>
</HTML>
<!-- Template End-->

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

the error occurs because browser is fetching content both from secure and
insecure pages. Unless there isn't any clear that comes with HTTP (and uses
SSL that is HTTPS), you just need to remove the HTML snippet by snippet to
test out which part causes the problem.

--
Teemu Keiski
http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke