This page contains both secure and non secure items.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by A.M, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. A.M

    A.M Guest

    Hi,

    My ASP.NET application uses SSL on IIS6. up on visiting some pages, IE 6
    shows this security alert:

    This page contains both secure and non secure items.
    Do you want to display non-secure items?

    Regardless I answer no (or yes), everything works fine.

    We don't like our users see that message because it makes them nervous
    without any good reason.

    How can I track why the browswer shows that flase security alert?

    Thanks,
    Alan
    A.M, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Hi Alan,

    Are you using SmartNavigation in the page or referencing scripts that are
    outside the Application?

    Here's an article on the SmartNav problem:

    Error Message When You Submit .aspx Page with SmartNav Under SSL

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318320

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 8, 2004

  3. Are you using frames?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q184960

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 8, 2004
  4. A.M

    A.M Guest

    No, I don't

    A.M, Jun 8, 2004
  5. A.M

    A.M Guest

    It is not smartnavigation because the warning pops up on one specific page.
    I am pasting the page source at the end of this post:

    Thanks,
    Alan

    <!-- Template Start-->
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>Please Wait ...</title>
    <script language="javascript">
    self.focus();

    function BeginPageLoad()
    {
    location.href = "LLViewer.aspx?rid=21";
    }
    </script>
    </HEAD>
    <form name="Form1" method="post"
    action="LLWait.aspx?redirect=LLViewer.aspx%3frid%3d21" id="Form1">
    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
    value="dDwxNzg0NjA0NTg0Ozs+5wOOcjTIemMpowWPCjq0XgZxlAA=" />

    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    <P align="center">
    <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
    b#version=6,0,29,0" width="400" height="200" VIEWASTEXT>
    <param name="movie" value="/LLC/Images/PleaseWait.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <embed src="/LLC/Images/PleaseWait.swf" quality="high"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="200"></embed>
    </object>
    </P>
    <P>&nbsp;</P>
    </form>
    </HTML>
    <!-- Template End-->

    A.M, Jun 8, 2004
  6. A.M

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    the error occurs because browser is fetching content both from secure and
    insecure pages. Unless there isn't any clear that comes with HTTP (and uses
    SSL that is HTTPS), you just need to remove the HTML snippet by snippet to
    test out which part causes the problem.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke