    Richard Guest

    What other possibilities are there for using this element?

    What else can be used in place of "this" and "style"?
    Richard, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Richard

    Jeff Thies Guest

    > What other possibilities are there for using this element?
    >
    > What else can be used in place of "this" and "style"?

    Context? "this" is used in javascript to refer to an "object". This object.
    I'm unaware of any use in html.

    click for red div with a whole lot of leading, not tested</div>

    This is really a javascript question. And it won't work everywhere.

    Jeff
    Jeff Thies, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Richard

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:06:17 GMT, "Jeff Thies" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    >> What other possibilities are there for using this element?

    Who are you replying to?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Richard

    Jeff Thies Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:06:17 GMT, "Jeff Thies" <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    >
    > >> What other possibilities are there for using this element?

    > Who are you replying to?

    That was actually deliberate. If you go up the thread and read some other
    replies to this poster, you'll see the original poster has a "fan" that
    crossposts rants to a string of newsgroups, like alt.kook.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Richard

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:18:34 GMT, "Jeff Thies" <>
    declared in alt.html:
    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Who are you replying to?

    > That was actually deliberate. If you go up the thread and read some other
    > replies to this poster, you'll see the original poster has a "fan" that
    > crossposts rants to a string of newsgroups, like alt.kook.

    I assume you are talking about Richard and his entourage? Yours is the
    only post in this thread I have seen, because they are all in my
    killfile. If you quote who you are replying to it makes it easier to
    kill the entire thread. Thanks.

    Mark Parnell, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Richard

    > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:18:34 GMT, "Jeff Thies" <>
    > declared in alt.html:
    > > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Who are you replying to?

    > > That was actually deliberate. If you go up the thread and read some

    other
    > > replies to this poster, you'll see the original poster has a "fan" that
    > > crossposts rants to a string of newsgroups, like alt.kook.

    > I assume you are talking about Richard and his entourage?

    Yes.

    > Yours is the
    > only post in this thread I have seen, because they are all in my
    > killfile.

    Well, I can understand that!

    >If you quote who you are replying to it makes it easier to
    > kill the entire thread. Thanks.

    I don't really know how to handle this. I've looked back through Richards
    posts and found *some* value in them. The entourage is another story. I've
    had some words with Alexander Cain about netiquitte.

    I'm only an occaisional reader here, so I don't know the whole story. I'd
    rather not judge someone by childish innuendo.

    Sorry to cause you any trouble.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Feb 16, 2004