"This type of page is not served."

DotNetJunkies User

I am getting the "This type of page is not served." error the first time I access our asp.net site after an application restart. The second and every other time it works fine. This application has been working for months and recently started this behaviour and we can't figure out why. Can onyone point me in the right direction?

Scott M.

Do you have any code in Global.asax, specifically in the Application_Start
event handler?

Guest

No code in Application_Start. Do have code in Session_Start but I set a
breakpoint and it doesn't get there before the error.

Scott M.

This message usually appears when a ".config" file is accessed directly from
a client. IIS doesn't "serve" .config files directly, hence the error.

Is there anything in your site that calls web.config directly?