This Xilinx application out of memory problem?

Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am working on FPGA implementation of MIMO algorithm on XILINX 10.1 ISE.Now I have implemented the matlab code and transformed it to the VHDL and use ISE software to synthesize. But it always gave the following error which i am unable to resolve. I already increased the virtual memory to 4G in my computer, no effect. anybody could give me a hand?

The error is "
Portability:3 - This Xilinx application has run out of memory or has
encountered a memory conflict. Current memory usage is 1962542 kb.
Memory problems may require a simple increase in available system
memory, or possibly a fix to the software or a special workaround. To
troubleshoot or remedy the problem, first: Try increasing your system's
RAM. Alternatively, you may try increasing your system's virtual memory
or swap space. If this does not fix the problem, please try the
following: Search the Answers Database at support.xilinx.com to locate
information on this error message. If neither of the above resources
produces an available solution, please use Web Support to open a case
with Xilinx Technical Support off of support.xilinx.com. As it is
likely that this may be an unforeseen problem, please be prepared to
submit relevant design files if necessary.
ERROR: XST failed"

Looking for ur help
Thanks in advance

Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
This might be useful.

http: slash slash www dot kcswug dot com/documents/3gb_switch_part_one,_two,_&_three.pdf

John

Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
thanks

John,

Can I add more than 3GB by this way, let's say 4GB? Thanks!

JohnDuq said:
This might be useful.

http: slash slash www dot kcswug dot com/documents/3gb_switch_part_one,_two,_&_three.pdf

John

Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I've talked with a colleague and he said it is very tricky getting access to more than half the available memory, but it can be done. it really depends upon how the program is using the memory, and how many system calls you are making. To put it simply, the more system calls, the more memory the kernel/OS need for copies of your data.