This Xilinx application out of memory problem?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by totohaha, Mar 28, 2009.

  1. totohaha

    totohaha

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:

    I am working on FPGA implementation of MIMO algorithm on XILINX 10.1 ISE.Now I have implemented the matlab code and transformed it to the VHDL and use ISE software to synthesize. But it always gave the following error which i am unable to resolve. I already increased the virtual memory to 4G in my computer, no effect. anybody could give me a hand?

    The error is "
    Portability:3 - This Xilinx application has run out of memory or has
    encountered a memory conflict. Current memory usage is 1962542 kb.
    Memory problems may require a simple increase in available system
    memory, or possibly a fix to the software or a special workaround. To
    troubleshoot or remedy the problem, first: Try increasing your system's
    RAM. Alternatively, you may try increasing your system's virtual memory
    or swap space. If this does not fix the problem, please try the
    following: Search the Answers Database at support.xilinx.com to locate
    information on this error message. If neither of the above resources
    produces an available solution, please use Web Support to open a case
    with Xilinx Technical Support off of support.xilinx.com. As it is
    likely that this may be an unforeseen problem, please be prepared to
    submit relevant design files if necessary.
    ERROR: XST failed"

    Looking for ur help
    Thanks in advance

    totohaha, Mar 28, 2009

  2. totohaha

    JohnDuq

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Messages:
    88
    This might be useful.

    http: slash slash www dot kcswug dot com/documents/3gb_switch_part_one,_two,_&_three.pdf

    John

    JohnDuq, Mar 30, 2009

  3. totohaha

    totohaha

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    thanks

    John,

    Can I add more than 3GB by this way, let's say 4GB? Thanks!

    totohaha, Apr 2, 2009
  4. totohaha

    JohnDuq

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Messages:
    88
    I've talked with a colleague and he said it is very tricky getting access to more than half the available memory, but it can be done. it really depends upon how the program is using the memory, and how many system calls you are making. To put it simply, the more system calls, the more memory the kernel/OS need for copies of your data.

    JohnDuq, Apr 2, 2009
  5. totohaha

    totohaha

    Joined: