Thoms & Moorby Verilog book

hdl_book_seller

If you're looking for a solid Verilog reference book, we have
substantial overstock of the classic Thomas & Moorby text "The Verilog
Hardware Description Language" at 64% off the original list price.
They are brand new and in the original wrapper, WITH CDROM, and we ship
internationally and with free Priority Mail upgrade. A perfect add to
your Verilog reference texts or tech bookshelf.

We're selling them through Amazon.com at the following URL:

*** The Verilog Hardware Description Language, 4th ed -- 64% off
Sale price: $39.50 (save $69 off Amazon price)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0792381661/103-5565965-7351027

We guarantee fast shipping, 100% brand new and unopened. All shipping
upgraded to priority mail for free.

The HDL Book Sellers

Rick Jackson

If you're looking for a solid Verilog reference book, we have
substantial overstock of the classic Thomas & Moorby text "The Verilog
Hardware Description Language" at 64% off the original list price.
They are brand new and in the original wrapper, WITH CDROM, and we ship
internationally and with free Priority Mail upgrade. A perfect add to
your Verilog reference texts or tech bookshelf.

We're selling them through Amazon.com at the following URL:

*** The Verilog Hardware Description Language, 4th ed -- 64% off
Sale price: $39.50 (save $69 off Amazon price)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0792381661/103-5565965-7351027

We guarantee fast shipping, 100% brand new and unopened. All shipping
upgraded to priority mail for free.

The HDL Book Sellers

Good price, but...

I learnt Verilog from, I think, the 3rd edition of this book
(hardback, white cover). IIRC, it didn't *once* mention non-blocking
assignments. That makes it completely useless for learning Verilog,
and of only marginal use as a doorstop. Or is my memory failing me?
And is the 4th edn any better?

Rick

arjunaw

Rick said:
Good price, but...

I learnt Verilog from, I think, the 3rd edition of this book
(hardback, white cover). IIRC, it didn't *once* mention non-blocking
assignments. That makes it completely useless for learning Verilog,
and of only marginal use as a doorstop. Or is my memory failing me?
And is the 4th edn any better?

Rick

I find it rather hard to believe that the 3rd edition of this book
(co-authored by the inventor of Verilog) makes no mention of NBAs. I
have the 4th ed and it is covered in detail in section 5.4

Arjuna

Rick Jackson

I find it rather hard to believe that the 3rd edition of this book
(co-authored by the inventor of Verilog) makes no mention of NBAs.

so do I, and I read it. However, I don't have it any more, and it
would be interesting to hear from someone who does have it.

Rick

hdl_book_seller

I've checked the 4th edition of Thomas & Moorby we offer (per our
original posting) and it covers NBAs on page 17, 19, 103 and 175. Most
of the NBA information is in chapter 5 (Advanced Timing) in pages
175-183:

Section 5.4 Non-Blocking Procedural Assignments
A procedural assignment statement serves two purposes: one is to assign
a value to the left-hand side of a behavioral statement, the second is
to control the scheduling of when the assignment actually occurs.
Verilog's two tyupes of procedural assignment statements, blocking and
non-blocking, do both of these functions differently....

Section 5.4.1 Contrasting Blocking and Non-Blocking Assignments
The non-blocking assignment is indicated by the "<=" operator instead
of the "=" operator used for blocking assignments. The <= operate is
allowed anywhere the...

Section 5.4.2 Prevalent Usage of the Non-Blocking Assignment
Section 5.4.3 Extending the Event-Driven Scheduling Algorithm
Section 5.4.4 Illustrating Non-Blocking Assignments

Of course, the included CD has all of the NBA (and other) examples from
the book to help make the point. It's available here:
http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y02Y1786799Y7523789/103-5565965-7351027

Robert