    http://more.btexact.com/people/rigdence/colours/colours.pdf

    regards

    - Rob

    Robert Kirton, Oct 7, 2003

  2. "Robert Kirton" <> wrote in message
    news:blu8ic$nsn$...
    > I am relatively new to HTML / CSS development. I have been reading this
    > newsgroup for quite a while and have noted much of the advice given with
    > respect to layout, accessibility issues etc.. I have seen plenty of
    > reference to the use of alt tags and other design features which must be
    > taken into account for audible browsers. I have seen little reference to
    > colour blindness. It transpires that 12% of Caucasian men are colour

    blind
    > to a certain extent.

    oops. 8% colour blindness, however still vaild concern

    Robert Kirton, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Robert Kirton

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Robert Kirton wrote:

    > I am relatively new to HTML / CSS development. I have been reading this
    > newsgroup for quite a while and have noted much of the advice given with
    > respect to layout, accessibility issues etc.. I have seen plenty of
    > reference to the use of alt tags and other design features which must be
    > taken into account for audible browsers. I have seen little reference
    > to colour blindness. It transpires that 12% of Caucasian men are colour
    > blind to a certain extent.

    I believe that the stance taken by WAI and Section 508 are that colour
    alone should not be used to indicate importance, or indeed be used to
    identify something amid other information. It is also recommended that if
    colour is used then some sort of alternative that doesn't rely upon the
    colour should also be provided.

    See: <url:http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#gl-color> for more info.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Now playing: Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

    Dylan Parry, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Robert Kirton

    kchayka Guest

    Robert Kirton wrote:

    > It transpires that 12% of Caucasian men are colour blind to a certain
    > extent.

    A useful tool related to this:
    <URL:http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/>

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)un(dash). Mail sent to the un
    address is considered spam and automatically deleted.

    kchayka, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Robert Kirton

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Robert Kirton

    Disco Guest

    Re: Thought provoking article [APPOLOGIES FOR MULTIPOST]

    kchayka wrote:
    > Robert Kirton wrote:
    >>
    >> It transpires that 12% of Caucasian men are colour blind to a certain
    >> extent.

    > A useful tool related to this:
    > <URL:http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/>

    Sorry for multiposting this, momentary lack of brain usage.......
    (Xposted to
    alt.comp.accessibility,alt.comp.lang.php,alt.html.web-accessibility,alt.php,
    comp.lang.php)

    Hi,

    I have seen this site - http://www.vischeck.com/ - and its a very nice
    tool, however, I would like to have something like this that I can view my
    local web site (not-internet-deployed-yet) on my local server. I notice
    that they do offer downloadables, but these seem to be only for images, and
    not full pages like their live version.

    Does anyone know if there is such a tool that I can download to do a similar
    thing locally? (preferably built in php - (using the GD library perhaps??)
    as this is what I am familier with).

    Thanks

    Disco, Oct 7, 2003