Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name

Ken

I'm testing on web application (.net 1.1 using C#).
when I tested the application on local machine (IIS5.0,XP professinal), it
return value for Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name
However, When I tested the same application on the server (IIS6.0, 2003
Server), it return nothing for
Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name.
the application setuped

anybody has idea?

Guest

you shouldn't be using the thread identity (as its usually the asp.net
account). You shoudl be using HttpRequest.LogonUserIdentity.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Ken

I think HttpRequest.LogonUserIdentity is available from .net 3.0

I'm using 1.1.

"bruce barker (sqlwork.com)"