Thread safety resources

Tj Holowaychuk

What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
fantastic

Joel VanderWerf

Tj said:
What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
fantastic

Does your library use threads itself, or do you just want your library
to be callable from multiple threads?

Tj Holowaychuk

Im not talking about any one library specifically, but I suppose both
would certainly be good to learn. I have been looking through the
standard library and others trying to discover consistent / clean
conventions but I have seen a few variants and I am not quite sure about
the ideal way to create thread safety within the library itself as well
as execution from within threads like you mentioned