  1. What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
    thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
    fantastic

    Tj Holowaychuk, Dec 10, 2008

  2. Tj Holowaychuk wrote:
    > What would you consider the cleanest, yet effective way to produce
    > thread-safe libraries? any tips or suggestions for a Ruby newb would be
    > fantastic

    Does your library use threads itself, or do you just want your library
    to be callable from multiple threads?

    Joel VanderWerf, Dec 10, 2008

  3. Im not talking about any one library specifically, but I suppose both
    would certainly be good to learn. I have been looking through the
    standard library and others trying to discover consistent / clean
    conventions but I have seen a few variants and I am not quite sure about
    the ideal way to create thread safety within the library itself as well
    as execution from within threads like you mentioned

    Tj Holowaychuk, Dec 10, 2008