Thread was being aborted errors

Guest

Hi,
I have an asp.net web app that is intermittently throwing "Thread was being
aborted." errors in my data access component. This seems to occur when the
app is under a heavier than normal load. I don't get any of these errors for
days, then I get a bunch all at once.
I would have thought if the database call was timing out I would get a
timeout
error.
The server is Win 2003 (under VMware), and hosts multiple asp and asp.net
web applications.

This is a sample of the exception details I'm getting:

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at NCSUtilities.DataAccess.ExecuteDataset(SqlConnection connection,
CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at NCSUtilities.DataAccess.ExecuteDataset(String connectionString,
CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

I got a suggestion to look at the "DefaultAppPool" properties on the web
server, but I'm not sure what settings to modify.

Any ideas on how I could identify the cause or how I could resolve this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith F

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

In most circumstances that I have seen, this issue occurs when the
application pool is being reset. One easy way to isolate the problem is to
match the times of the thread error with the application pool reset log in
the windows event viewer. The fix is to increase the recycle parameters on
the applicaiton pool in question.