Thread was being aborted. Errors

Guest

Hi,
I have an asp.net web app that is intermittently throwing "Thread was being
aborted." errors in my data access component. This seems to occur when the
app is under a heavier than normal load. I don't get any of these errors for
days, then I get a bunch all at once.
I would have thought if the database call was timing out I would get a
timeout
error.
The server is Win 2003 (under VMware), and hosts multiple asp and asp.net
web applications.

This is a sample of the exception details I'm getting:

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at NCSUtilities.DataAccess.ExecuteDataset(SqlConnection connection,
CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
at NCSUtilities.DataAccess.ExecuteDataset(String connectionString,
CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)

I got a suggestion to look at the "DefaultAppPool" properties on the web
server, but I'm not sure what settings to modify.

Any ideas on how I could identify the cause or how I could resolve this
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith F

Hans Kesting

Are you maybe "return"ing from within a try/catch? That will give this error.

Hans Kesting

Guest

The Response.Redirect throws this exception (by design).

So if you have a Response.Redirect (in the Data Access Component ??) in a
try/catch block, this behavior is normal.

Hans Kesting

Hans said:
Are you maybe "return"ing from within a try/catch? That will give
this error.

Sorry, "vko" was right, it's not "return" but "Response.Redirect" that gives this error.

Hans Kesting