Thread was being aborted in Response.Redirect

GSK

I am logging the following error when re-directing via Response.Redirect:

"Thread was being aborted

at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at
System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) at
System.Web.HttpResponse.End() at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String
url, Boolean endResponse) at ..."

It doesn't interfere with the functionality and is transparent, and the only
reason I know it is tripped is because I write the errors to a log.

I am doing some processing in my code-behind, and after processing simply
re-direct to the next page. Is there a proper way of ending things before
re-directing?

I have used the boolean parameter for ending the thread, but it seems to
have no effect.

Thanks,

gsk
http://www.meblogic.com

bruce barker

this is normal, Response.End() is implemented as a thread abort.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)