Thread was being aborted in Response.Redirect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GSK, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. GSK

    GSK Guest

    I am logging the following error when re-directing via Response.Redirect:

    "Thread was being aborted

    at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at
    System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) at
    System.Web.HttpResponse.End() at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String
    url, Boolean endResponse) at ..."

    It doesn't interfere with the functionality and is transparent, and the only
    reason I know it is tripped is because I write the errors to a log.

    I am doing some processing in my code-behind, and after processing simply
    re-direct to the next page. Is there a proper way of ending things before
    re-directing?

    I have used the boolean parameter for ending the thread, but it seems to
    have no effect.

    Thanks,

    gsk
    http://www.meblogic.com
    GSK, Jun 8, 2004

  2. GSK

    bruce barker Guest

    this is normal, Response.End() is implemented as a thread abort.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jun 8, 2004