ThreadAbortException

David

Just moved my app. to V1.1 on W/2003 using .Net studio
2003...

It runs a lengthy process, sending progress output. The
web app dies EXACTLY 105 seconds into the process. I
checked all settings in IIS, machine.config and Web.config.

The exception is a System.Threading.ThreadAbortException.
I don't have any separate threads.
Parser Error Message: The XML file
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322
\Config\machine.config could not be loaded. Attempted to
access an unloaded AppDomain.

HELP - please use email

Natty Gur

Hi,
can you find machine.config in
c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\CONFIG\machine.config ?

or did you alter any entry in the machine.config ?

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Tian Min Huang

Hi David,

Did you change machine.config after installing .net framework 1.1? I
suggest you copy a new one from another machine and test it again, please
do remember to backup first.

What is more, does the problem happen on a new web application? If you
reboot machine or restart IIS service, did you still met this problem?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
HuangTM

David Waz...

The only change to macine.Config is upping the TimeOut setting from 90
seconds to 900 seconds.

I have created an aspx page that uses Sql server, one that uses IBM's
Universe database, and one that only has a timer, and does nothing - all
three have the same issue.

I've reviewed Machine.Config, Web.Config the SQL connection settings and the
SQL Command settings - nothing helps.

IIS has been restarted numerous times - the machine booted - all the typical
"Microsoft" fixes :-o

I've not created any new app's, as I don't see the point - rewriting an
application that worked on v1.0, failed on v1.1 - I don't think it's going
to fix itself by recreating even a portion of the process in another app.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I see this as either an obscure esoteric setting deep
in the bowels of .Net that I'm unaware of, or more likely, a bug in the 1.1
version.