    I'll be using it to send HTTP requests from a Rails script driven by
    script/runner.

    -- vlad

    vlad, Jun 15, 2011

  2. Hi,

    On 15.06.2011 23:25, vlad wrote:
    > What's a good threadpool implementation that I can use?

    Don't know if its good, this one works well for me:
    http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/3276 . I also use it fire away
    parallel HTTP besides other things (in my case I've three such thread
    pools).

    I only modified it slightly, removed the sleep 0.0something and replaced
    it with Thread.pass ; I also extended the #process method to also take
    args and not just a block.

    HTH,
    - Markus

    Markus Fischer, Jun 15, 2011

  3. vlad

    Chuck Remes Guest

    On Jun 15, 2011, at 4:25 PM, vlad wrote:

    > What's a good threadpool implementation that I can use?
    >
    > I'll be using it to send HTTP requests from a Rails script driven by
    > script/runner.

    I've had very good luck with threadz.

    https://github.com/nanodeath/threadz

    cr