    what to do).

    --
    Luke StClair

    Luke, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Luke <> spoke thus:

    > I need to start a bunch of threads in the simplest way possible.

    Then you probably want to hang out on comp.programming.threads, or
    perhaps comp.unix.programmer. This newsgroup discusses ANSI C only,
    which does not cover threads at all.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 4, 2003

  3. On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:27:41 +0000, Luke wrote:

    > I need to start a bunch of threads in the simplest way possible.
    >
    > However, I don't know how many I will need to start.
    >
    > Is it valid to call pthread_create with the same tid ,attr, and handler
    > function variables? I don't need any info from the threads (they know
    > what to do).

    Which is more than we can say, since C doesn't have thread support. Try a
    newsgroup specific to your implementation, OS, thread library or whatever.

    Kelsey Bjarnason, Dec 5, 2003