THREE HUNDRED!

Ryan Davis

I just finished my release flood and we cracked release #300!

We're now up to 321 (we started at 297)! Buy stuff off my amazon
wishlist or I'll keep releasing until all your mailboxes fill up! :p

Xeno Campanoli

Ryan said:
I just finished my release flood and we cracked release #300!

We're now up to 321 (we started at 297)! Buy stuff off my amazon
wishlist or I'll keep releasing until all your mailboxes fill up! :p

Isn't that kind-of bad netiquette? Perhaps you are half kidding. Sorry if I
don't get it.

Tony Arcieri

Isn't that kind-of bad netiquette? Perhaps you are half kidding. Sorry if
I don't get it.

Yeah, screw you zenspider, stop releasing software, I hate it :)

Tom Cloyd

John said:
I fear change. Could you please stop improving your software and just
write it correctly the first time? Thanks.

~ j.
Yeah, really. And you think yourself a programmer. I myself never write
tests, cause it always just works.

t.

Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< (e-mail address removed) >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)

Yossef Mendelssohn

I fear change. Could you please stop improving your software and just
write it correctly the first time? Thanks.

John,

Even if that were possible, I fear it would require a level of
dedication to TDD that Ryan simply doesn't possess.

lith

I fear change. Could you please stop improving your software and just
write it correctly the first time? Thanks.

While all those packages are outstanding and/or ground-breaking, I
personally think that the RSS feed @ rubyforge or some ruby news
aggregator site would be more appropriate for announcing updates of
well-known & essential packages.

Tony Arcieri

While all those packages are outstanding and/or ground-breaking, I
personally think that the RSS feed @ rubyforge or some ruby news
aggregator site would be more appropriate for announcing updates of
well-known & essential packages.

I prefer new and interesting packages to well-known and essential packages.
The latter can be handled automatically through RubyGems because all the
ones I care about I already have installed. The former: well, I want to
hear about them because I don't have them installed!

Tom Cloyd

lith said:
While all those packages are outstanding and/or ground-breaking, I
personally think that the RSS feed @ rubyforge or some ruby news
aggregator site would be more appropriate for announcing updates of
well-known & essential packages.
NO. You want to talk to the largest crowd. It's a marketing problem. ~t.

Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< (e-mail address removed) >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)

Ryan Davis

While all those packages are outstanding and/or ground-breaking, I
personally think that the RSS feed @ rubyforge or some ruby news
aggregator site would be more appropriate for announcing updates of
well-known & essential packages.

oh.

...and the other 15 releases I did today? they're announced to your
approval?

botp

We're now up to 321 (we started at 297)! Buy stuff off my amazon wishlist
or I'll keep releasing until all your mailboxes fill up! :p
lol :)
btw, one of the things i like about those gems is that they are 1.9 ready.
cool really.
best regards =botp

Eric Hodel

While all those packages are outstanding and/or ground-breaking, I
personally think that the RSS feed @ rubyforge or some ruby news
aggregator site would be more appropriate for announcing updates of
well-known & essential packages.

Sorry, release announcements have been happening here for years.

PS: I may have even argued against them, but I'm too lazy to check the
archives.

marc

John Barnette said:
I fear change. Could you please stop improving your software and just
write it correctly the first time? Thanks.

Yup, and 300+ is just "bloat". Can't you wrap them up in a single
instance?

lith

...and the other 15 releases I did today? they're announced to your =A0
approval?

Approved. Yet, I'd prefer a dedicated ruby-announcements list that
comprises ruby-related announcments/news from sourceforge, rubyforge,
github etc.

John Barnette

Approved. Yet, I'd prefer a dedicated ruby-announcements list that
comprises ruby-related announcments/news from sourceforge, rubyforge,
github etc.

Seems like you could pretty easily filter this stuff yourself, since
every recent release announcement on ruby-talk has "[ANN]" in the
subject.

~ j.

Xeno Campanoli

Yes, though I don't like the traffic, I was more pointing out the unabashed
statement of knowingly making traffic when it is obvious other things could be
done, by your own statement of how much it was. I think typical netiquette
stuff implies intentions as well. Anyhow, you might just think about a
compilation with an explanation. I would be more likely to read such a thing,
as I will not look at these for now because it is too much to mess with. I do
presume you have good intent and want to be helpful though.

Sincerely, Xeno

Ryan Davis

Yes, though I don't like the traffic, I was more pointing out the
unabashed statement of knowingly making traffic when it is obvious
other things could be done, by your own statement of how much it
was. I think typical netiquette stuff implies intentions as well.
Anyhow, you might just think about a compilation with an
explanation. I would be more likely to read such a thing, as I will
not look at these for now because it is too much to mess with. I do
presume you have good intent and want to be helpful though.

Sincerely, Xeno

what are you responding to? ... your own email?

Michal Suchanek

2009/6/24 Xeno Campanoli said:
Yes, though I don't like the traffic, I was more pointing out the unabash= ed
statement of knowingly making traffic when it is obvious other things cou= ld
be done, by your own statement of how much it was. =C2=A0I think typical
netiquette stuff implies intentions as well. =C2=A0Anyhow, you might just= think
about a compilation with an explanation. =C2=A0I would be more likely to = read
such a thing, as I will not look at these for now because it is too much = to
mess with. =C2=A0I do presume you have good intent and want to be helpful= though.

Well, it probably took some years to reach 300. How many emails have
*you* written in that time?

Michal