Throttle JMS queue connection

Debs

Hi All,

Is there a suitable way to throttle messages being sent to a JMS queue?
I want to limit the bandwidth the application can use within a set
timeframe (e.g second or minute).

Ideally this needs to be some form of packet level control, as just
reducing the messages sent in a time frame may not help if a message is
very large. I have tried a small port forward throttling program setup
on a specific port: but after the initial call to setup the JMS
connection, a direct link is then established on another port - so this
option did not work.

To get around this, perhaps the response could be monitored so the new
port information can be extracted and the new connection also
throttled, but I don't want to write custom code to implement this if
there are better or existing solutions out there! Which I would think
there should be!

Has anyone implemented something like this, knows of existing suitable
methods, or ideas for how to implement this?

Thank you for any help!

Debs