Throttle JMS queue connection

Discussion in 'Java' started by Debs, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. Debs

    Debs Guest

    Hi All,

    Is there a suitable way to throttle messages being sent to a JMS queue?
    I want to limit the bandwidth the application can use within a set
    timeframe (e.g second or minute).

    Ideally this needs to be some form of packet level control, as just
    reducing the messages sent in a time frame may not help if a message is
    very large. I have tried a small port forward throttling program setup
    on a specific port: but after the initial call to setup the JMS
    connection, a direct link is then established on another port - so this
    option did not work.

    To get around this, perhaps the response could be monitored so the new
    port information can be extracted and the new connection also
    throttled, but I don't want to write custom code to implement this if
    there are better or existing solutions out there! Which I would think
    there should be!

    Has anyone implemented something like this, knows of existing suitable
    methods, or ideas for how to implement this?

    Thank you for any help!

    Debs

    Debs, Sep 25, 2006