thumbnail displaying main pic in new window

D.Selby

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this query .. but if anybody
has any better suggestions, please let me know.

I wonder if somebody could help me. I am using a .cgi perl script to
display data retrieved from a database. Within the .cgi script I am also
displaying photos which are stored directly on the server. When a user
clicks on the thumbnail, I want to be able to display the big picture in a
new window, but I want to specify the size of the window and display it
without toolbar or menubar.

1. Obviously I can use the <A HREF> HTML command and get a new window
coming up .. but I don't see how to suppress the menubar and toolbar etc
like that.

2. I have used the thumbnail image as an <INPUT=image> within a form and
created a javascript open.window function to display the main image. This
works perfectly, displaying the image in the new window as specified.
However, my original window with my .cgi display showing then dies a death
with an internal server error, and this is because the original script has
changed from being called with the original parameters eg
?reference=1234567&live=Y to ?x=162&y=114, which presumably is something to
do with the co-ordinates of the image.

I hope somebody can help me, because I keep going round in circles with
this.

Thanks a lot,

Dee