Thumbnail selector?

Ike

Anyone know of a thumbnail imageviewer class I can utulise from somewhere? I
have about 500 gif files I need to display and allow the user to select
from.

Thanks, Ike

Guest

Anyone know of a thumbnail imageviewer class I can utulise from somewhere? I
have about 500 gif files I need to display and allow the user to select
from.

Thanks, Ike

Shrinking the images takes a lot of computation. I suggest storing
external thumbnails (append a different extension to the original filename).

pic.gif -> pic.gif.thumb

Here's an algorithm that should be run every time a user is to select an
image:

Store a list of thumbnails in a set. For every image file, if a thumbnail
exists remove the thumbnail from the set. If the thumbnail doesn't exist
or if the original has been modified after the thumbnail, create or update
the thumbnail.

When finished, remove any thumbnail (from the disk) left in the set.

Aloha,
La'ie