    garbage we have been flooded with
    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Travis Newbury wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to filter posts by the number of, or specific
    > news groups with Thunderbird? Maybe that will thin out some of the
    > recent garbage we have been flooded with

    In the filter format used by some other news clients, mine included, as
    well as Xnews, which others here use), here's one for binning posts
    crossposted to more than three groups:

    Score:: =-9999 % > 3 ngs

    You (I, we, others, at least) could also use:

    Score:: =-9999 % > 3 ngs
    Newsgroups: [,].*[,].*[,]

    ....BUT that's expensive scoring because Newsgroups isn't included in the
    server's XOVER file, and thus requires that XHDR be used.

    Thunderbird, if it allows scoring at all (doubt it) probably uses a
    proprietary format for its filters, but perhaps the above is
    translatable to that, if needed.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 26, 2005