Thunderbird filter Question

Travis Newbury

Does anyone know how to filter posts by the number of, or specific news
groups with Thunderbird? Maybe that will thin out some of the recent
garbage we have been flooded with

Blinky the Shark

Travis said:
Does anyone know how to filter posts by the number of, or specific
news groups with Thunderbird? Maybe that will thin out some of the
recent garbage we have been flooded with

In the filter format used by some other news clients, mine included, as
well as Xnews, which others here use), here's one for binning posts
crossposted to more than three groups:

Score:: =-9999 % > 3 ngs

You (I, we, others, at least) could also use:

Score:: =-9999 % > 3 ngs
Newsgroups: [,].*[,].*[,]

....BUT that's expensive scoring because Newsgroups isn't included in the
server's XOVER file, and thus requires that XHDR be used.

Thunderbird, if it allows scoring at all (doubt it) probably uses a
proprietary format for its filters, but perhaps the above is
translatable to that, if needed.