TIBET Framework

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 8/23/2005 5:30 PM:
Hello,

Do any developers have firsthand experience of the TIBET Framework
(www.technicalpursuit.com) they might care to share?

Your thoughts / impressions are welcome.

No firsthand experience from using it, but from reading the site, it has
some inaccuracies.

<quote>
Things I'd want from an AJAX toolkit include: browser independence
</quote>

<quote>
We started building toward that goal 6 years ago and we're proud to say
we met every one of those requirements.
</quote>

That implies, to me, that it has browser independence when it doesn't.
At the present time, it is impossible to create an application that is
HTTPRequest dependent that is "browser independent". Unless there is a
browser that has been released in the last 2 months or so, there is no
browser on a MAC that supports this so-called "AJAX".

AJAX is nothing more than a buzz-word that some programmer came up with
to make his credentials seem a little more "professional". Since then,
every boardroom knee jerk pencil pusher wants a technology that has been
used for a very long time in its dynamic loading of data without
changing the top URI in the page.

I even have a way of dynamically loading data that has more support for
it, even in Netscape 4, than this "AJAX" does.

Donius

"Unless there is a
browser that has been released in the last 2 months or so, there is no
browser on a MAC that supports this so-called "AJAX"."

Not to be combatitive, but Safari and Firefox both support the
HTTPRequest basics on the mac. :) I've been building for just that!

-Brendan

sneill

Perhaps you don't comprehend the full capabilities of TIBET? It's the
most extensive and capable framework I've seen to date, and is
certainly more than just XMLHTTP. It precedes "AJAX" and in my mind has
a richer pedigree than other more recent toolsets/frameworks.

I would encourage you to look into it.

Steve

Randy Webb

Donius said the following on 8/23/2005 10:27 PM:
"Unless there is a
browser that has been released in the last 2 months or so, there is no
browser on a MAC that supports this so-called "AJAX"."

Not to be combatitive, but Safari and Firefox both support the
HTTPRequest basics on the mac. :) I've been building for just that!

Not combative, informative :) Actually it is good to see the MAC
browsers beginning to support it.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 8/24/2005 11:20 AM:
Perhaps you don't comprehend the full capabilities of TIBET?

Perhaps you don't comprehend the full aspect of this groups FAQ with
regards to quoting what you are replying to?

Section 2.3:

When replying to a message on the group trim quotes of the preceding
messages to the minimum needed and add your comments below the pertinent
section of quoted material, as per FYI28/RFC1855 (never top post).
It's the most extensive and capable framework I've seen to date, and is
certainly more than just XMLHTTP.

That may be, but so is Dreamweaver and DW is crap.
It precedes "AJAX" and in my mind has a richer pedigree than other
more recent toolsets/frameworks.

It may precede the term "AJAX" but I doubt, very seriously, that it
precedes the process that AJAX proclaims to be. Namely that of
dynamically loading data from a server without changing/reloading the
page. That has been being done for at least 8 years, nothing "new" about
it other than a name.
I would encourage you to look into it.

I read enough of it to see that it claims to do something it can't do.