tidy project file organization (modules and tests)

bramble

What's the customary way to organize your project files --
particularly modules? Does the following look correct?

my_project/
main_script.py
doc/
[...]
whatever/
[...]
lib/
mymod1.py
mymod2.py
test/
test_mymod1.py
test_mymod2.py
some_pkg/
__init__.py
goodmod1.py
goodmod2.py
test/
test_goodmod1.py
test_goodmod2.py

That is, my project may contain some local project-specific modules
(mymod1, mymod2), but also some in a package that I reuse here and
there in other projects too (some_pkg.goodmod1, some_pkg.goodmod2).

What's the usual name and placement of the file that runs all the
tests?

Finally, if anyone could point me toward any exemplary modules in the
cheeshop that have a tidy project file layout, it would be most
helpful.

Thanks.