Tight layout designer and output to pdf

AnandaSim

Hi All,

I'm looking around for a tool or component that will allow me to:

1. Visually design a layout for pdf output - the layout would have
graphic and text elements, tight positioning typical of desktop program
output - word, excel etc...

2, Use server side programming to conditionally and dynamically draw
data into the layout (say in text fields)

3. Throw this output as generated pdf to the visitor's browser.

Any ideas appreciated with thanks.

Ananda