Tiles

meetselva

Hi,

i am new to this group and struts either....

i have a doubt regarding Struts-Tiles concept. i am basically
designing a page using struts framework. im using JBoss as my server.
And for all my pages i have a common header and footer, so i went for
tiles.

i have defined this header and footer in a tile and inherit them as
required.

in my jsp pages i am using struts html,bean,logic tag libraries. and
so in header and footer pages.i have included all these tag libs in my
header,footer and in all my other pages(body).

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

so in my case a page means..

<header tile>
<footer tile>

The doubt is whenever i load a page(includes all the above 3)... for
each tile the tag libs are initialized. say for header the
struts-html.tld is initialized again for body the same tile is getting
initialized and for footer again the same tile is initialized. its
because i have included them all my 3 tiles. but if i remove the
includes in any of my tile( assuming its all initialized in my header).
it throws an error.
so is it neccessary to include in all my tiles or can i initialize
it globally and use it across all my pages.

Thanks in advance..

Thanks,
Rex