Tiles

Discussion in 'Java' started by meetselva@gmail.com, Mar 29, 2005.

    i am new to this group and struts either....

    i have a doubt regarding Struts-Tiles concept. i am basically
    designing a page using struts framework. im using JBoss as my server.
    And for all my pages i have a common header and footer, so i went for
    tiles.

    i have defined this header and footer in a tile and inherit them as
    required.

    in my jsp pages i am using struts html,bean,logic tag libraries. and
    so in header and footer pages.i have included all these tag libs in my
    header,footer and in all my other pages(body).

    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

    so in my case a page means..

    <header tile>
    <footer tile>

    The doubt is whenever i load a page(includes all the above 3)... for
    each tile the tag libs are initialized. say for header the
    struts-html.tld is initialized again for body the same tile is getting
    initialized and for footer again the same tile is initialized. its
    because i have included them all my 3 tiles. but if i remove the
    includes in any of my tile( assuming its all initialized in my header).
    it throws an error.
    so is it neccessary to include in all my tiles or can i initialize
    it globally and use it across all my pages.

    Thanks in advance..

    Thanks,
    Rex

    , Mar 29, 2005