tiling background images

Dave Kelly

I would like to thank the person that wrote these wonderful examples
at this website: http://www.pmob.co.uk/temp/3colfixedtest_explained.htm.
After a while I finally found a name. So, Paul O'Brien Tommy Olssen,
thank you.

Look here www.texasflyfishers.org/index.3.html for source code. I
realize there is a lot to be corrected to bring this code upto snuff.
So please do not chide me for all the deprecated tags and errors. If I
can not make what the code below implies, then there is no need for me
to go through the trouble.

#wrapper {
background:#fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
background:#fff url(white-blue.png) repeat-y right top;

Jonathan N. Little

Dave said:
#wrapper {
background:#fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
background:#fff url(white-blue.png) repeat-y right top;
}

This does not tile the image down the left and right side. A present an
element can have only one background image, CSS3 does but no present
browser implements that nebulous proposal AFAIK.

What you rule does is define it one why way then "overwrites" the rule
the other way. You would have to double wrap.

#outer {
margin: 0; padding: 0;
background: #fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
}
#inner{
margin: 0; padding: 1em;
background: transparent url(blue-white.png) repeat-y right top;
}