    background:#fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
    background:#fff url(white-blue.png) repeat-y right top;
    }

    Dave Kelly, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Dave Kelly wrote:

    > #wrapper {
    > background:#fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
    > background:#fff url(white-blue.png) repeat-y right top;
    > }

    This does not tile the image down the left and right side. A present an
    element can have only one background image, CSS3 does but no present
    browser implements that nebulous proposal AFAIK.

    What you rule does is define it one why way then "overwrites" the rule
    the other way. You would have to double wrap.

    #outer {
    margin: 0; padding: 0;
    background: #fff url(blue-white.png) repeat-y left top;
    }
    #inner{
    margin: 0; padding: 1em;
    background: transparent url(blue-white.png) repeat-y right top;
    }

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan