    Please explain me ....
    by
    chells

    chellappa, Jul 7, 2005

  2. chellappa

    Suman Guest

    chellappa wrote:
    > hi
    > In Linux , we have time commend
    > i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
    > $time ./a.out
    >
    > it display
    >
    > real 0m0.928s
    > user 0m0.062s
    > sys 0m0.079s
    >
    > What is real , user ,sys time ?
    > Please explain me ....
    > by
    > chells

    Go to a proper newsgroup. Google.

    <OT>
    Read the man page for time, something like man time should work.
    </OT>

    Suman, Jul 7, 2005

  3. "chellappa" <> writes:

    > hi
    > In Linux , we have time commend
    > [...]

    > What is real , user ,sys time ?
    > Please explain me ....

    The manual page ("man time") will probably be helpful.

    Asbj.S.
    --
    Asbjørn Sæbø, post.doc.
    Centre for Quantifiable Quality of Service in Communication Systems

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Asbj=F8rn_S=E6b=F8?=, Jul 7, 2005
  4. "chellappa" <> writes:
    > In Linux , we have time commend
    > i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
    > $time ./a.out
    >
    > it display
    >
    > real 0m0.928s
    > user 0m0.062s
    > sys 0m0.079s
    >
    > What is real , user ,sys time ?

    This is not a C question. If "man time" doesn't give you enough
    information, try asking in comp.os.linux.questions.

    Keith Thompson, Jul 7, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    chellappa <> wrote:
    >hi
    >In Linux , we have time commend
    >i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
    >$time ./a.out
    >
    >it display
    >
    >real 0m0.928s
    >user 0m0.062s
    >sys 0m0.079s
    >
    >What is real , user ,sys time ?
    >Please explain me ....

    I don't think anyone could explain you. You're just a fact of nature.

    Kenny McCormack, Jul 7, 2005
  6. chellappa

    Chris Dollin Guest

    chellappa wrote:

    > hi
    > In Linux , we have time commend

    .... which is off-topic in comp.lang.c ...

    > i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
    > $time ./a.out
    >
    > it display
    >
    > real 0m0.928s
    > user 0m0.062s
    > sys 0m0.079s
    >
    > What is real , user ,sys time ?

    In Linux, we have `man` command for documenting commands (and
    other things).

    Don't you have anyone local you can work with for this sort
    of thing? Face-to-face or class interaction is *much* more
    effective than Usenet drip-feeds.

    --
    Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
    It's called *extreme* programming, not *stupid* programming.

    Chris Dollin, Jul 7, 2005