Time command

chellappa

hi
In Linux , we have time commend
i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
$time ./a.out

it display

real 0m0.928s
user 0m0.062s
sys 0m0.079s

What is real , user ,sys time ?
Please explain me ....
by
chells

Suman

chellappa said:
hi
In Linux , we have time commend
i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
$time ./a.out

it display

real 0m0.928s
user 0m0.062s
sys 0m0.079s

What is real , user ,sys time ?
Please explain me ....
by
chells
Go to a proper newsgroup. Google.

<OT>
Read the man page for time, something like man time should work.
</OT>

Keith Thompson

chellappa said:
In Linux , we have time commend
i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
$time ./a.out

it display

real 0m0.928s
user 0m0.062s
sys 0m0.079s

What is real , user ,sys time ?

This is not a C question. If "man time" doesn't give you enough
information, try asking in comp.os.linux.questions.

Kenny McCormack

hi
In Linux , we have time commend
i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
$time ./a.out

it display

real 0m0.928s
user 0m0.062s
sys 0m0.079s

What is real , user ,sys time ?
Please explain me ....

I don't think anyone could explain you. You're just a fact of nature.

Chris Dollin

chellappa said:
hi
In Linux , we have time commend

.... which is off-topic in comp.lang.c ...
i want to check ruuning time of program , just use this time command
$time ./a.out

it display

real 0m0.928s
user 0m0.062s
sys 0m0.079s

What is real , user ,sys time ?

In Linux, we have `man` command for documenting commands (and
other things).

Don't you have anyone local you can work with for this sort
of thing? Face-to-face or class interaction is *much* more
effective than Usenet drip-feeds.