Time/Date format and changing time to GMT

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Shaiboy_UK, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Shaiboy_UK

    Shaiboy_UK Guest

    Hi All,

    Sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup to post into, on this topic, if so, please
    point me in the right direction.....

    Currently working on a ASP for a friend, which requires the date and
    time on it. It pulls in entries from an Access Database with dates and
    times in the format of:
    "Fri Oct 17 18:02:46 2003"
    However my date and time on the ASP page is displayed as:
    "Friday, October 17, 2003 18:02:46"
    using the script:
    "<%Session.LCID = 1033%>
    <%=FormatDateTime(Date(), vbLongDate)%>
    <%Session.LCID = 2057%>
    <%=time()%>"

    Anyone know how to change this script, fully or partly to produce the
    date and time on the format that's in the access database i.e. "Fri Oct 17
    18:02:46 2003"

    Also, as the ASP host I'm using in based in the US (Norfolk I believe),
    it is displaying the time not as GMT which the web site would be viewed
    in, anyway of changing this?

    Thanks for any help.

    --
    Cheers
    Shai Boy

    Shaiboy_UK, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Shaiboy_UK

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Shaiboy_UK wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup to post into, on this topic, if
    > so, please point me in the right direction.....
    >
    > Currently working on a ASP for a friend, which requires the date and
    > time on it. It pulls in entries from an Access Database with dates
    > and
    > times in the format of:
    > "Fri Oct 17 18:02:46 2003"

    Date/Times are not stored with any format. In an Access database, date/times
    are stored as Doubles, with the whole number portion representing the number
    of days since the seed date, and the decimal portion representing the time
    of day (.5 = noon). It is up to the client (the application that is pulling
    the data from the database) to apply any formatting. With ASP, the regional
    settings for the IUSR or IWAM account (depending on where the code is
    running) are used.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2313

    > Also, as the ASP host I'm using in based in the US (Norfolk I
    > believe),
    > it is displaying the time not as GMT which the web site would be
    > viewed
    > in, anyway of changing this?

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2218

    HTH,