    more than native time.
    Do anyone have anyclue, why would this happen?

    Gopal

    Gopal, Oct 30, 2003

  2. Gopal

    Harald Hein Guest

    "Gopal" wrote:

    > Do anyone have anyclue, why would this happen?

    Just a guess. Check how you have configured the Linux system. Are you
    using the posix time zone definition? Do you use or ignore leap
    seconds?

    Harald Hein, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Gopal

    Gopal Guest

    Harald Hein <> wrote in message news:<Xns942454D114B18hhtoken@194.97.5.10>...
    > "Gopal" wrote:
    >
    > > Do anyone have anyclue, why would this happen?

    > Just a guess. Check how you have configured the Linux system. Are you
    > using the posix time zone definition? Do you use or ignore leap
    > seconds?

    How can I check whether I am using or ignoring leap seconds?

    Gopal

    Gopal, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Gopal

    Phil... Guest

    maybe you are referring to a different object from what you think you are
    what does your code look like

    Phil..., Oct 30, 2003
  5. Gopal

    Dario Guest

    Gopal wrote:

    > I am having a embedded system running on Linux. I am having a strange
    > problem with time between java world and native system. Java time is
    > 22 seconds ahead of native time.

    Here 22 is magic!

    Because since the first leap second in 1972, all leap seconds have been
    positive and there were 22 leap seconds in the 27 years to January,
    1999. This pattern reflects the general slowing trend of the Earth
    due to tidal braking.

    See http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/leapsec.html

    - Dario

    Dario, Oct 30, 2003