time selector

quickcur

Hi all:

There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

Thanks,

qq

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi all:

There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

Can you be more specific about what you want that you can't get
from an HTML Select box?

McKirahan

Hi all:

There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

Thanks,

qq

http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

Also, Google is your friend.

Matt Kruse

Could anyone point me a time selector?

When people request this, I've always wondered why?

Why do you want a selector for time? Why not just drop-down boxes, at the
very most?
A date picker makes sense because a calendar is visual and makes it easier
to recognize and select appropriate dates.

Any visual representation of a time selector that I can imagine always turns
out to be more cumbersome than a plain text field.

quickcur

I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
a lot when booking air tickets.

Thanks,

qq

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 12:49 PM:
Hi all:

There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

<input type="text" name="timeHours">:
<input type="text" name="timeMinutes">:
<input type="text" name="timeSeconds">:
<input type="text" name="ampm">

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
a lot when booking air tickets.

We don't book air tickets a lot.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 4:32 PM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.
It is more cumbersome to ask user to input time in the format of
12:00:00

If your users are too stupid to type in the time, you don't need a time
selector, you need to spend that time educating your users.

Contrary to your beliefs, most people *do* know how to correctly enter time.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 1/17/2006 5:25 PM:
Most people do not know what IS the correct time format

Just as you do not know how to quote?

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

Please enter the time in the following format: HH:MM:SS
HH is hours in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less than 10.
MM is minutes in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less
than 10.
SS is seconds in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less
than 10.

If your users can't follow those simple directions then how do you
expect them to properly choose from a "time selector"?

If all that fails, give them select elements.

Hours:<select name="hours">
<option value=01">01
<option value=02">02
<option value=03">03
<option value=04">04
<option value=05">05
<option value=06">06
<option value=07">07
<option value=08">08
<option value=09">09
<option value=10">10
<option value=11">11
<option value=12">12

And so on for minutes and seconds.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>
, dated Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:25:29 remote, seen in
news:comp.lang.javascript said:
Most people do not know what IS the correct time format

Most Americans do not know what is the correct time format (they think
it's like the example you gave). But most people do know the correct
time format.

Your mistake lies not in considering Americans as people (it's a tenable
hypothesis), but in considering non-Americans as non-people.

If there are only a few distinct times available, use RadioButtons.
If there are only a limited number of distinct times available, use a
<SELECT>.

If many or all times are allowed, use <input type=text> and validate;
give an example time, in the afternoon..

Read the newsgroup FAQ; see below.

Randy Webb

Dr John Stockton said the following on 1/18/2006 11:22 AM:
JRS: In article <[email protected]>
, dated Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:25:29 remote, seen in

Most Americans do not know what is the correct time format (they think
it's like the example you gave).

Yet more of your blatant ignorance about Americans? Your ignorance when
it comes to that knows no bounds.