    Thanks,

    qq

    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. Lee Guest

    said:

    >Hi all:
    >
    >There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
    >date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
    >select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
    >looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

    Can you be more specific about what you want that you can't get
    from an HTML Select box?

    Lee, Jan 17, 2006

  3. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all:
    >
    > There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
    > date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
    > select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
    > looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > qq

    http://www.aspfaq.com/5003

    Also, Google is your friend.

    McKirahan, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Matt Kruse Guest

    wrote:
    > Could anyone point me a time selector?

    When people request this, I've always wondered why?

    Why do you want a selector for time? Why not just drop-down boxes, at the
    very most?
    A date picker makes sense because a calendar is visual and makes it easier
    to recognize and select appropriate dates.

    Any visual representation of a time selector that I can imagine always turns
    out to be more cumbersome than a plain text field.

    --
    Matt Kruse
    http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com

    Matt Kruse, Jan 17, 2006

    I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
    a lot when booking air tickets.

    Thanks,

    qq

    , Jan 17, 2006
  6. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 1/17/2006 12:49 PM:
    > Hi all:
    >
    > There are many javascript date selector available which help you input
    > date in a text field. And we see a lot of this on travel site when you
    > select date for air ticket. Could anyone point me a time selector? I am
    > looking for something that can input time as 12:00:00 AM.

    <input type="text" name="timeHours">:
    <input type="text" name="timeMinutes">:
    <input type="text" name="timeSeconds">:
    <input type="text" name="ampm">

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Jan 17, 2006
  7. Lee Guest

    said:

    >I want a time selector, something similiar to the Date selector we see
    >a lot when booking air tickets.

    We don't book air tickets a lot.

    Lee, Jan 17, 2006

    It is more cumbersome to ask user to input time in the format of
    12:00:00

    , Jan 17, 2006
  9. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 1/17/2006 4:32 PM:

    Please quote what you are replying to.

    "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    article headers.

    > It is more cumbersome to ask user to input time in the format of
    > 12:00:00

    If your users are too stupid to type in the time, you don't need a time
    selector, you need to spend that time educating your users.

    Contrary to your beliefs, most people *do* know how to correctly enter time.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Jan 17, 2006

    Most people do not know what IS the correct time format

    , Jan 17, 2006
  11. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 1/17/2006 5:25 PM:
    > Most people do not know what IS the correct time format

    Just as you do not know how to quote?

    "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
    the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
    article headers.

    Please enter the time in the following format: HH:MM:SS
    HH is hours in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less than 10.
    MM is minutes in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less
    than 10.
    SS is seconds in 2 digit format, add a leading zero for numbers less
    than 10.

    If your users can't follow those simple directions then how do you
    expect them to properly choose from a "time selector"?

    If all that fails, give them select elements.

    Hours:<select name="hours">
    <option value=01">01
    <option value=02">02
    <option value=03">03
    <option value=04">04
    <option value=05">05
    <option value=06">06
    <option value=07">07
    <option value=08">08
    <option value=09">09
    <option value=10">10
    <option value=11">11
    <option value=12">12

    And so on for minutes and seconds.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Jan 17, 2006
  12. JRS: In article <>
    , dated Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:25:29 remote, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, <>
    posted :
    >Most people do not know what IS the correct time format

    Most Americans do not know what is the correct time format (they think
    it's like the example you gave). But most people do know the correct
    time format.

    Your mistake lies not in considering Americans as people (it's a tenable
    hypothesis), but in considering non-Americans as non-people.

    If there are only a few distinct times available, use RadioButtons.
    If there are only a limited number of distinct times available, use a
    <SELECT>.

    If many or all times are allowed, use <input type=text> and validate;
    give an example time, in the afternoon..

    Read the newsgroup FAQ; see below.

    Dr John Stockton, Jan 18, 2006
  13. Randy Webb Guest

    Dr John Stockton said the following on 1/18/2006 11:22 AM:
    > JRS: In article <>
    > , dated Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:25:29 remote, seen in
    > news:comp.lang.javascript, <>
    > posted :
    >> Most people do not know what IS the correct time format
    >>

    > Most Americans do not know what is the correct time format (they think
    > it's like the example you gave).

    Yet more of your blatant ignorance about Americans? Your ignorance when
    it comes to that knows no bounds.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Jan 18, 2006