time to learn PHP

hev

I have been avoiding it for long enough now.

Can anyone recommend a good book or site to learn about PHP?

Much appreciated.

JDS

Seconded. As long as you already have some programming experience (in
whatever language), then php.net should have all you need to learn PHP.

Thirded. Oh, and i was the firsted one, it seems. hmm.

My findings are that:

1) PHP.net has fantastic documentation
2) PHP.net has a very good newbie turorial
3) PHP.net is searchable (unlike a book, which, GoogleLibrary aside, has
only an index)
4) PHP.net is nearly always up-to-date.

I *NEVER* use a book to look up functions or other reference information
on PHP. I even teach a PHP class and must use a book for the class
(because that is what is expected) but the first thing I teach the class
is how to use PHP.net and throw away the book.

Google, Google Groups, and PHP.net are all you'll ever need.