    Any and all code snippet or reference is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks very much,
    King Coffee
    King Coffee, Apr 27, 2010

  2. On Apr 27, 5:48 pm, "King Coffee" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an ASP.NET database supported website. I want to perform an
    > automatically generate database update.
    >
    > Any and all code snippet or reference is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks very much,
    > King Coffee

    Can you please be more specific about your database and what you mean
    by "update"? Thanks
    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 27, 2010

  3. King Coffee

    King Coffee Guest

    Thanks Alexey,

    I'm thinking of the MySQL .NET database. The period update is to insert new
    default info in tables and delete expired table records.

    King

    King Coffee, Apr 27, 2010
  4. King Coffee

    King Coffee Guest

    Hi again,

    Basically, I want to run an application level function (a session less
    thread) to process an ADO.NET database calls to periodically insert a
    default table record and remove expired data. Have any code examples?

    King

    King Coffee, Apr 28, 2010
  5. On Apr 28, 8:13 am, "King Coffee" <> wrote:
    > Hi again,
    >
    > Basically, I want to run an application level function (a session less
    > thread) to process an ADO.NET database calls to periodically insert a
    > default table record and remove expired data.  Have any code examples?
    >
    > King
    >
    > "King Coffee" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > I have an ASP.NET database supported website. I want to perform an
    > > automatically generate database update.

    > > Any and all code snippet or reference is greatly appreciated.

    > > Thanks very much,
    > > King Coffee

    Well, it would depend on your server, but you can either use standard
    Windows scheduler or write a Windows service to call an application or
    a single web page every X minutes. If this is not possible, then you
    can look at custom solutions like here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ASPNETService.aspx
    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 28, 2010