Timed Event in windows file? (batch possibly?)

Discussion in 'Java' started by ratedr1@aol.com, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Is it possible to add a timer/timed event in a batch or txt file?

    for example. I have written a program that sends information to a
    computerized induction furnace through a rs port. here is what I have
    in the txt file

    1,amps,50
    1,hon

    what the above does is sets the heating element to 50 amps, and then
    turns the heating element on (hon). In this program I can have a timer
    to set how long it will run the heat for with an item like this:
    1,timer,30 (setting the timer to 30 seconds). however...what I am
    REALLY trying to accomplish, is to have it do something like the
    following, but the program cannot

    1,amps,50
    1,hon
    1,timer,30
    1,hoff
    1,amps,300
    1,hon
    1,timer,30

    The above would set the amps to 50 and30 seconds, then turn off and
    immediately set the amps to 300 and 30 seconds. the prog cannot do
    that...so is there a way to have the actual text or batch file, use the
    computers timer to send programs at a timed point? like the computer
    would send the first part of the program, then after 30 seconds, it
    would send the second part of it. that would accomplish what I want,
    but I cannot. I can do it manually, but that is not what I want to
    do...less thinking for my employees is what I need

    thanks in advance
    scott

    , Jul 18, 2005

  2. On 18 Jul 2005 09:01:09 -0700, wrote:

    > Is it possible to add a timer/timed event in a batch or txt file?

    Why don't you check the thread you posted to the other group.
    You already have replies on that one.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Presented In DOUBLE VISION Where Drunk