Timed wait fails under WebStart in Java 1.6 prerelease?

twc

Has anyone had problems with timed wait
..e.g. Thread class wait(200) failing to terminate under
Java Webstart execution? My code works
properly standalone under the 1.6 prerelease,
but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
under 1.5 Java.

Sounds crazy...

Daniel Dyer

Has anyone had problems with timed wait
.e.g. Thread class wait(200) failing to terminate under
Java Webstart execution? My code works
properly standalone under the 1.6 prerelease,
but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
under 1.5 Java.

Sounds crazy...

Please post more code, i.e. an example that demonstrates the problem.

Dan.

Thomas Hawtin

twc said:
Has anyone had problems with timed wait
.e.g. Thread class wait(200) failing to terminate under
Java Webstart execution? My code works
properly standalone under the 1.6 prerelease,
but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
under 1.5 Java.

Not heard of that one. I suspect you actually have some other threading
problem. As implementations are optimised, it is often the case that new
examples of carelessness are thrown up.

Can you get a stack trace, using jstack or ctrl-\ (or ctrl-break if
under Windows)?

Tom Hawtin