    but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
    under 1.5 Java.

    Sounds crazy...
    twc, Dec 10, 2006

  2. twc

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:02:04 -0000, twc <>
    wrote:

    > Has anyone had problems with timed wait
    > .e.g. Thread class wait(200) failing to terminate under
    > Java Webstart execution? My code works
    > properly standalone under the 1.6 prerelease,
    > but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
    > under 1.5 Java.
    >
    > Sounds crazy...

    Please post more code, i.e. an example that demonstrates the problem.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.uncommons.org
    Daniel Dyer, Dec 10, 2006

  3. twc wrote:
    > Has anyone had problems with timed wait
    > .e.g. Thread class wait(200) failing to terminate under
    > Java Webstart execution? My code works
    > properly standalone under the 1.6 prerelease,
    > but hangs under Webstart. Code fully debugged
    > under 1.5 Java.

    Not heard of that one. I suspect you actually have some other threading
    problem. As implementations are optimised, it is often the case that new
    examples of carelessness are thrown up.

    Can you get a stack trace, using jstack or ctrl-\ (or ctrl-break if
    under Windows)?

    Tom Hawtin
    Thomas Hawtin, Dec 10, 2006