    the query takes 2 mins to fetch the results..by that time i'm seeing a
    'operation has timed out error' on my screen..

    is there any to get rid of this error?
    AVL, Feb 28, 2008

  2. AVL

    bruce barker Guest

    you woudl need to up the page timeout and the sqlcommand timeout. but this is
    a bad idea. if you can not get the query to run in under a couple seconds,
    then you shoudl starta background thread to do the query, and poll for the
    results. holding browser connections open for minutes is just asking for
    trouble.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 28, 2008