timeout error

AVL

Hi,
I've a method in my web service..which makes a call to db
and sends back a dataset..
the query takes 2 mins to fetch the results..by that time i'm seeing a
'operation has timed out error' on my screen..

is there any to get rid of this error?

bruce barker

you woudl need to up the page timeout and the sqlcommand timeout. but this is
a bad idea. if you can not get the query to run in under a couple seconds,
then you shoudl starta background thread to do the query, and poll for the
results. holding browser connections open for minutes is just asking for
trouble.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)