    been told I can programatically change it via asp.net.

    Any ideas?

    TIA
    J, Aug 19, 2003

  2. J

    Marina Guest

    This is SQL timeout - not an asp.net session timeout. The 2 are not related.

    Set the CommandTimeout property on your SqlCommand object.

    "J" <nospam> wrote in message
    > How can I prevent the error of...
    >
    > Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
    > operation or the server is not responding.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.

    The
    > timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server

    is
    > not responding.
    >
    > The program is returning a quite hefty amount of data, which takes about

    40

    Marina, Aug 19, 2003

  3. J

    J Guest

    Thank you.

    J, Aug 19, 2003
  4. J

    Giscard Guest

    "J" <nospam> wrote in message news:<#$$>...
    > How can I prevent the error of...
    >
    > Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
    > operation or the server is not responding.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The
    > timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is
    > not responding.
    >
    > The program is returning a quite hefty amount of data, which takes about 40
    > seconds to retrieve. My session timeouts are set to 900 seconds, but I've
    > been told I can programatically change it via asp.net.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA

    Set your CommandTimeout to a few hundred seconds. Setting it to 0
    should be infinite but there is a bug in .Net and this functionality
    doesn't work. Bump your timeout up to say 100 (its in seconds).
    Browsers (clients) don't timeout once they have a connection
    established, ignore the fools on the rest of this thread.
    Giscard, Aug 19, 2003