Timeout expired and General Network error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joerg Schrocke, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Hello!

    On our web application we receive following errors:

    Timeout
    expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion
    of the operation or the server is not responding

    and

    General network error. Check your network documentation.

    In this moment, the web app connected to a sql server and run a stored
    procedure to get data from the SQL Server database.
    When we run the stored procedure from the query analyzer, the stored
    procedure completed successful in 3 sec for 2000 datasets.

    What can be the problem?

    Please help!

    Many thanks,

    Joerg

    Joerg Schrocke, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Joerg Schrocke

    CT Guest

    Joerg,

    Does this happen all the time, or just sometimes? When you execute the
    stored procedure in Query Analyzer, is there any difference between where on
    the network the machine with Query Analyzer is located as opposed to the Web
    server? Does your stored procdeure in any way lock any data, and
    subsequently blocks requests from other sessions in your Web app, or are
    there potentially other stored procedures or apps that access the same data?

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Communities - http://community.integratedsolutions.dk

    CT, Oct 25, 2005